Monday, April 12, 2010

Ain't No Sunshine When I'm Gone

"Flight 983 to Islip has been delayed due to excessive lightning bolts being thrown as us by mother nature near Palm Beach International Airport"

Why wouldn't a weekend spent in Southern Florida be culminated with a delayed flight to my beloved New York? A tropical location that is more than abundant in clear skies, beautiful weather, crystal blue water beaches....and a delayed flight for the exact same reasons that people get away from and travel down here to avoid. Sound like irony. Sounds like a story line for a movie. Maybe the story line will allow for an opportunity, like the movies usually do! Maybe ill meet an employer who wants to hire me, (....eh, I don't have my degree yet) maybe ill make a new friend (...I have my eyes and fingers glued to my phone too much to seem "approachable" to anyone here), or better yet, maybe ill meet the love of my life (...sorry, I've already met her. Hence my eagerness to make it home).

For now, it is a typical story line. Wet clothes from a torrential Floridian down pour, exhausted from running on less than 3 hours of sleep, the crying baby, the person speaking entirely too loud in my ear on their phone.

My remedy is to play the part of the man with the delayed flight. Buy the snacks (the ones that promise to contain 60% less fat than competitors), and Vitamin Water (that promises to have more vitamins than their competitors). Now that I have the best of both worlds in the snack world, ill throw on a blues set and wait for my flight to be called....

No comments:

Post a Comment