Thursday, April 22, 2010

Flight Photog!!!!!

Pilot: "Our flight time will be approximately 2 hours, 49 minutes."

What to do? iPod....on. Brick Breaker, lets do this! 7 haunting levels and 6 minutes later - "game over". Hmmm... Keeping myself occupied on a 3 hour flight is not going to be easy, especially when I am leaving a paradise of crystal blue colored oceans, and back home to my Styrofoam infested green ocean waters that won't even be available for my visiting until late May, early June due to northeast weather conditions (to paint a mental experience for those not from my "island", would you be enticed to swim in pickle water? :-/).

Mental images aside, I picked up some reading material from the backseat pocket ahead of me. To my avail - a drink menu (8am Mike...really?), and a vacation guide by "sponsors of Southwest Airlines". Endless vacations in the most exotic locations, of course only available through Southwest Airline flights, and recommended by, well this shouldn't be a shock, the CEO of Southwest Airlines.....Fedora off - advertising hat on.

Good advertising, mentioning your company name every other word....and thanks to Southwest Airlines, I am brainwashed into thinking it is the only carrier that flies daily to big cities like Boston, Chicago, and Dallas. Something was clearly missing, cause I was still bored.

Mike: "You had me at "take a vacation", but the thought of me sitting on this plane makes me think twice....maybe spruce up you advertising to make people's 'on-board' experience seem a little nicer.

Glancing to my right - there they were. Inspiration for a new way to advertise Southwest Airlines on-board experience!!

I propose that they throw some shots of beautiful cloud photography (from passengers or professionals) into their advertising pamphlets.....because sometimes it's not only about the destination, but the journey as well...(tagline?)


CAUTION: Below are pictures that Southwest Airlines did NOT want us to see!!!






...breathtaking ain't it? No photography credits go to Mike Manusama. I'd like to thank Mother Nature for the view.


Maybe they don't enjoy the fruits that mother nature has to offer, but the following pictures sure as hell blow away a city shot of Dallas....I mean really, we look at the bottom of clouds every day. It's about time we see them from a new angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment