Friday, September 3, 2010

3/30 - EARL'S GIFT


3/30 - EARL'S GIFT, originally uploaded by mikemanusama.

If you live on Long Island, rumors of Hurricane Earl have been filling the media. ::HURRICANE ALERT::

Not only did it miss Nassau County completely, but on top of it, I think it drizzled for 5 minutes (gasp, our lives are really in danger). Mother Nature's summons of this Hurricane Earl did give me a great overcast day to shoot at the beach. 20 foot waves crashing into the ocean are pretty fun to capture, but what made the shot of the day was Hurricane Earl's gift from the Caribbean. A coconut washed up on shore as me and me nephew walked the sand watching the waves.

I absolutely loved the composition of both of these pictures and decided to make a Diptych-esque photo of the two.

I'd like to thank Earl for bringing gifts instead of mayhem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment